In the speech of the Union Budget 2022-23 organized by the Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, on 1 February, has announced the creation of an electronic passport. Along with this, he told that now the citizens of the country will be given e-passports for international travel. This will make it easier for citizens to travel abroad. Before the Union Budget, there was a lot of rumors about this, but now all the information related to e-passport has been shared. In today’s article, we are going to give you all the information related to what is e-passport, all its information, features, types, functioning. You are requested to read this article till the end.
What is an e-Passport?
If this question is arising in your mind that what is e-passport. So friends this passport is an electronic passport which is similar to a regular passport but contains embedded chip and state-of-the-art technology. For residents of India, this passport will be very beneficial for travel as it will completely eliminate the need to stand in line in front of the immigration counter for long periods. This e-passport can be scanned in minutes as compared to physical verification on the immigration account. Under which citizens will save time in traveling abroad. Along with this, this passport reduces the number of fake passports issued. Because it would be extremely difficult for scammers to tamper with the data stored on the microchip.
Deatils About Electronic Passport
India’s Secretary of State Sanjay Bhattacharya has recently told that India will soon make radio-frequency identification (RFID) and biometric-using e-passport available to citizens, along with this, through his Twitter account. It has also been pointed out that the passport guarantees the security of information for the coming generation as well as the movement of ideas through forward posts across the world. It will be manufactured by India Security Press at Nashik and will meet the standards of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Let us tell you that biometric passports are currently being introduced in Germany United and Bangladesh, India will be issued 23 May 2022 to generate more improvement in the convenience of the people of the country. Through which citizens of the country will be provided more convenience in traveling abroad.
Features of an e-Passport
This e-passport launchedby the Government of India has the following features:-
- As we have just told you, according to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the issue of this passport has been announced only while announcing the Union Budget of India 2022 23.
- The e-passport will be embedded in a microchip containing important security data.
- This passport will also function like a traditional passport but with more embedded and state-of-the-art technology.
- Which will music all the personal details of the passport owner. There is an embed in the passport for this. Data stored for the first 30 international trips that in the future will also include the photo of the Chip will also include passport owner along with biometric information such asfingerprint recognition and identification.
- It includes 64 kilobytes of storage capacity and an embedded rectangular antenna. which is installed on the back of the e-passport.
Working of an Electronic Passport
If we talk about how this passport works, the functions of e-passport are similar to the traditional passport but it is for more secure citizens. The e-passport is equipped with a small electronic chip which is found on the driver’s license in which the passport holder Name of the date of birth address and other details are attached on the microchip A microchip containing important security data is embedded but the passenger can easily authenticate all the details in a very short time. One of the goals of this passport is also that from the same passport Number of fake passports will come down The government has been told that the security features in the chip have been improved, making it more difficult for scanners to tamper with the stored data being done.
Industry Reaction on e-Passport
The purpose of this e-passport is to revive the citizens traveling abroad. Even after the improvement of the epidemic, it is still very difficult to come back from foreign travel soon. Creative proposals such as this Passport increase security and efficiency for international travel by reducing long lines at discourse checkpoints. The environment that has been affected by the coronavirus will support the speedy recovery of international travel. By Alok Bajpai, Group CEO and Co-Founder, Ixigo and Rikant Pitti, Co-Founder, EasyMyTrip, believe that e-passports with embedded chips will enhance travel and bring international travelers to an extent of comfort. Let us tell you that by increasing the emergency credit line guarantee scheme from Rs 50,000 crore to Rs 5 lakh crore, participation in small travel will prove to be more helpful in recovering from the negative impact of the pandemic.
Who Adopted the First e-Passport idea?
Malaysia is the country where the e-passport concept was first introduced. The e-passport was first issued in 1998. Talking about this time, at present e-passport has been implemented in more than 100 such countries including United States of America, United Kingdom, Japan and Germany. Also, as a pilot scheme in India in 2008, 20,000 passports were issued for diplomats, but now soon the Government of India will implement this e-passport for all citizens of the country.
How to Apply Online for e Passport
The process of applying for an e-passport is similar to that of a normal passport. If the applicant wants to apply for a normal passport. So all those interested applicants can easily apply for both by following the procedure given below:-
- First of all you have to go to the official website of passport applications. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the home page of the website, you have to click on the option of Register as New User.
- If you are not already registered then you have to register by entering all the details of registration carefully.
- If you are already registered then you have to click on here to login option.
- Finally you have to book appointment as per available schedule and apply for passport.
- Different Types of Passports
- Existing User Login